Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Yes she said yes I will yes. Or maybe not. It's so hard to tell after forty years.



This is just simply the best photo taken of me ever. Amazing. Back in 1962 when it was taken I wasn't sure, but now I am. So let the half befuddlement, half disgust, and half barely-able-to-control-my-inappropriate-pleasure 'smile' portend the Happiest of Happy Holidays to you and anyone even sideways concerned with your business interests.

And by the way, my mother ABHORS this photo, says it looks nothing like me, and insists that I take it down in the interests of decency. I love that it looks as though I have a football player's neck, and I love that it is impossible to tell whether I am about to crack up laughing, slap someone, or finally announce the One True Grand Unified Theory. (In all likelihood, I was probably just thinking really hard trying to understand a knock-knock joke.) I also enjoy that between the collar, hair, jewelry, makeup, and expression, I accidentally look like a 1960s Wellesley grad faced with the proposition of either eating 'Easy Cheese' squeezed on tinned 'Vienna Sausages' or dying of hunger.

And on the subject of great wit, What is Santa Claus' favorite style of pizza? --Deep and crisp and even!

No comments: