Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Godard on Prozac

Here is my second-ever cinematic opus. I didn't think it worked (and that it did is arguable still, as you will know once you've seen it, if you see it, if you're brave), because it just looked like a bad photo in the folder.

Instead, it's a long string of bad photos, in a sense.

Anyway, it's from the arboretum at the University of Washington, way too early in the morning, from the same batch of photos as the one with the William Blake quote. I would have taken some stellar photos, I'm sure, however lamentable my filmmaking skills might be, but the camera still had all the old photos in it, so I ran out of space before I got to the exciting parts of the arboretum.

On the upside, apparently Nilla Wafers have a soft-cookie sandwich with filling, and I met some ducks and geese who enjoyed my gas-station impulse buy rather more than I was in the midst of my technological misadventure. Anyway, had I known I was going to run out of space I would have spared myself the artistic outpouring. Since I didn't, it's yours to savor!

Be glad I am not subjecting you to my first movie, which was from my phone and consisted of the toes of my pointy aubergine boots walking down First Avenue in Belltown. You might think it potentially difficult to pull of pointy aubergine boots; what's actually difficult is managing to walk down the street filming them with a phone and not being disturbed in the slightest by looking completely idiotic by walking while pointing a telephone at one's feet!

Anyway, it comes to a fairly shocking finale. You won't see it coming; you won't expect it in the slightest.



No comments: