Friday, June 20, 2008

Where Have All the Flowers Gone?

They've been distilled into absolutes, every one.

Okay, all that happened today was too intense and gorgeous to get into cogently right now, so I'll just say that floral #2 (I don't want to hear it, so don't bother; I've already said it to myself, anyway) is turning out just as wearable for me as #1. Why? I don't know. How? How, indeed! Here it is, in random order:

geranium
petitgrain
sandalwood
neroli
cajeput
clary sage
orrisroot
patchouli
benzoin
vanilla
coriander
vetiver
oakmoss

What's different is the proportions, and then the presence of oakmoss, vanilla, and petitgrain, and the lack of frankincense, in the second one. It doesn't come across as spicy at all, just a well-balanced warm floral.

I hope you got to see the full moon!

No comments: