Monday, August 11, 2008

Horsemanship, and Head-Banging in Limoges

Since I found it bizarre and interesting when I discovered that my posting about Lorca's 'Thamar y Amnón' put me high up on Google for that subject (I wasn't looking for me, but for the original essay that had sparked my ire, because I hadn't bothered to bookmark it), today I decided to see what happened if I just Googled 'Vifargent.' Well, Geneviève Benoit and her Parelli-method horse- and rider-training school in Québec are still flourishing at http://www.vifargent.com, which is good for them and good for Québecois horses, even if there will never come a time when I believe that inventing the word 'horsenality' was a good thing.

But possibly more fabulous still is 19-year-old Vincent in Limoges, whose Vifargent blog is about music and manga and proceeds backwards, with newer posts at the end, which is good in his case because the story opens with him setting out his intent for the blog and his tastes to be covered therein. And his tastes include Rammstein, Nightwish, the Offspring, the Finnish monster-metal group Lordi, and anything along those lines that will make him bang his head. Making him the perfect contrast to the Cistercians, Savonarola-'n-Saints direction this blog seems to be taking.

Although they do not quite match the young Vincent's aesthetic, here are three Limoges jardinières. I am not putting up pictures of Finnish monsters playing guitar here. Savonarola's profile was contrast enough. Interesting, though, that I did just talk about benefit rock concerts. On the other hand, I suspect Rammstein has done rather few of those, although I could certainly be wrong.


No comments: